As the term is self-explained, “fire-resistant cable” is a cable that allows safe operation for a defined period under flame-burning conditions. FR wires are widely used in the commercial sector to avoid fire damage to the asset and lives. Moreover, fire-resistant cable protects high-rise buildings, subways, underground shopping malls, power stations, and important industrial and mining enterprises from any unpleasant situation related to fire. FR cable controls power supply wires for fire fighting facilities.
A layman understanding of the term “Fire resistant cable”
For a better understanding of a particular cable type, we let you grasp the ability of a cable continues to operate in a fire.
What makes a cable to be fire resistant?
The particular feature depends on two points.
- The property of its component materials
- Its assembly or structure
What is the duration of survival in working conditions?
According to international standards, 15, 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes of operation in a standardized fire is the duration of survival of a fire-resistant cable.
What is mineral insulated cable?
Fire-resistant cables function better when the mineral insulated cable is used. For instance, made of copper core, copper sheath, magnesium oxide insulation material processing, referred to as MI (mineral insulated cables) cable. MI cable has the quality to extend the survival duration of fire-resistant cable and can sustain under 250 ℃ high temperature.
Features of Fire-resistant MI cable
- Strong corrosion-resistance
- High flow rate
- High mechanical strength
- Small size
- Long life
Why fire resistant cable is highly-priced?
The reason behind the high price is its complicated process. Moreover, it is difficult to construct in the oil irrigation area, wooden public buildings, high-temperature places, and other places where mere negligence can cause unbearable damage to the asset and the lives of laborers, fire-resistant requirements become obligatory. That’s why the economy can accept the circumstance and use fire-resistant cable.
Specifications of the fire-resistant Cable
- Resistant vinyl polyfluoroethylene insulation and sheath for 70℃ and 105℃ both kinds
- Fluoroplastic insulation and sheathing for 220℃ and 260℃ two kinds
- Low-smoke flame-retardant PVC insulation and sheathing: 90℃ and 125℃ both
- Flame temperature 950℃-1000℃ Flame temperature 750℃-800℃
- Burning time 90min (recommended) Burning time 90min (recommended)
- Additional voltage Rated voltage (min. 100V) Rated voltage (min. 100V)
What is the difference between heat-resistant cable, flame-retardant cable, and fire-resistive cable?
When it comes to withstanding high temperatures or even a full-scale fire, we need to comprehend what separates one wire or cable from another.
It will operate as normal at high temperatures, but may not operate as normal in the event of a fire
The particular cable does not operate within fire conditions though, resists the spread of fire into a new area
It maintains circuit integrity and continues to work for a specific time under defined conditions Nafees Cables produce Fire Resistant cable that is compliant with the most stringent international regulations. We are enthused to meet specific local standards or customer specifications.
The two main types of electrical wiring are copper and aluminum; both have demand, market assurance, and customer satisfaction. Though have differences in cost, weight, nature, and use on commercial or residential grounds. Aluminum Wires are more economical, and the lighter wire which increases its usage. Although the Aluminum Wire cannot be used at every place due to its corrosive nature. Though, Copper Wires can be easily made out of copper as it is more ductile and tensile and also can be used in more places.
Advantages of copper wiring
- It is best when it comes to the electric conductors, due to which it best for using for cables and transformers.
- It is also a good thermal conductor, due to which it is used for ACs, heat sealing machines and television, or anything where thermal power is very high.
- Copper is considered ideal because it is non-corrosive, which means it doesn’t react, and it makes it perfect for making pipes, jewelry, radiators, statues, and many more.
- It is more ductile as well as more tensile than the aluminum wires.
Although embraced by fantastic features it has a down hand on heavyweight and high cost.
Advantages of aluminum wiring
- One of the main advantages of aluminum wires is their lightweight, which is 2.7 g/cm3, which reduces its costs in manufacturing.
- Aluminum is a Ductile that means it can be haggard in thin sheets or wires with ease. For example, aluminum foils are used in every household for several purposes.
- Aluminum is odorless and water-resistant, and it makes it the best for packaging edible and sensitive things.
- Aluminum is one of the best nonmagnetic metals, and so the good conductor.
- Aluminum is a metal that is recycled and can be reused multiple times.
Main Differences Between Aluminum Wire and Copper Wire
Both are made up of their respective intrinsic properties though have a few points of difference. For instance,
- One main difference is conductivity. The Aluminum wire is relatively less conductive (only 60% of copper), whereas Copper wires have higher conductivity.
- The Aluminum wires are lighter and easy to carry, whereas Copper wires are heavier and difficult to carry.
- The second most called-out difference is temperature tolerance. The Aluminum wires have the property of expanding at a high temperature and contracting at low temperature, whereas no such changes take place in the copper wire. It can resist the effect of Thermal Changes.
- When it comes to ductility, aluminum wires are less ductile, whereas copper wires are more ductile.
- Cost analysis is one of the main deep thoughts of a person or a company. Long and profound cost estimations are made to cut down costs. The Aluminum Wires are less expensive, and the Copper Wires and more expensive in comparison.
- The Aluminum Wires are less Tensile, and Copper Wires are more Tensile.
- The Aluminum Wires can cause fire due to their corrosive nature, but no such mishappening takes place with the Copper Wires. In this regard, copper wires seem safer than aluminum wires.
Therefore it is very much clear the different properties of both the Aluminum and the Copper Wire. For residential status, copper wires are the best option.
Being equipped to tackle an unexpected power outrage to deploy temporary power is the only proactive approach to avoid any inconvenience. Temporary power installations are primarily used when electricity is required for a limited period. For instance,
- At a construction site
- Remote location
- The new section of a mine
- Any outdoor concert venue or event
Why it is vital to have a temporary power source?
An operational emergency usually stops working because of a temporary power failure. However, it is not a hazardous situation and can happen at any time while performing routine operational tasks. Nevertheless, a solution is to have a temporary power solution to keep equipment up and running, reduce costly downtime, and keep people safe.
The obligatory steps to begin a temporary power plan
You need to prioritize the equipment and system that must be supported by supplemental power sources. Everything should be organized to avoid loss of money and time.
Areas where the temporary power source is the must-have status
Temporary electrical power is utilized in many places. Moreover, one of the most common ground is constructions sites, factories, mills, and many others. It is also used in plants and buildings during renovation operations. Any electrical installation, whether it is permanent or temporary, should be installed according to all applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
The point to ponder before fetching temporary emergency solutions
One should always consider stated down points.
- The environment where it is installed in
- What physical protection is required
- How long it is going to be used
- The source should be under shield from weather or other corrosive influences
Why it is always a good idea to keep in mind the temporary power solutions?
Emergency power solutions can resolve many glitches. For instance,
- Minimize downtime
- Allows you to be self-sufficient while getting the job done
- Businesses must seek emergency power solutions and to get prioritized the systems and equipment that will need an alternative power source. It can increase efficiency while keeping within the budget
- A temporary power source provides safety and assurance when installed professionally
- Operations can be performed safely and seamlessly
- Emergency power solutions can save public health and halts to put them in danger. For instance,
- Gross insanitary condition
- Food-borne illness outbreak
- Mishandle of toxic material
- Electrical interruption can lead to the failure of water supply
So, the situation is to get ready and prepared to run the system with a facility of temporary power plan. Prioritized the needs and system to save from the disruption and to keep your plant running. Consequences could be harsh if you’re not prepared…you’re too late. It is opted for protection and to keep up the operational activities in the time of distress. To provide maintenance, workers require a temporary power source to operate tools and equipment. It is the most acceptable and formulated option to avoid unexpected outages of electricity.
So stay protected and prepared!
Numerous issues can be responsible for the undesirable situation. In this kind of situation, you can contact a professional electrical expert to fix the problem.
Here are 10 common electrical glitches and the ways to fix them.
Excessive heats from bulbs increase the likelihood of melting the socket and sometimes even wire insulation of the fixture. It can injure the employee while partially damaging the equipment.
Solution: Connect the appropriate bulb to the appropriate fixture.
Junction boxes are used to keep the wires separate from one another. These covers also protect the cables from damage. If the junction box does not have a cover, the risk of electrocution increases.
Solution: Call a professional to cover your junction box.
When tandem breakers are installed in a single slot instead of two, the panel is over-circuited. An overloaded circuit breaker panel causes a threat of fire and life.
Solution: A professional electrician installs a sub-panel to improve the panel’s load capacity.
Sometimes we feel a sudden jerk called electrical shocks when we try to turn on or off a switch. Though its nature is minor but indicates an electrical problem or that the wiring is faulty.
Solution: Try connecting another device and see if the issue persists. If the results are the same, contact an electrician immediately to resolve the issue before anybody gets an injury.
The primary culprits for high electricity bills are electrical snags and you need to fix them to avoid inconvenience.
- Wiring damage
- Circuitry damage
- Electrical system leakage
- Electrical gadgets
Solution: Reduce the cost of your electricity bills by repairing broken or damaged cables and identifying possible sources of power surges can also reduce electricity bills.
- Frequent Electrical Surges
Faulty electrical wirings cause electrical surges. Common places are
- Malfunctioning appliances
- Broken power lines
Just a fraction of a second can cost high. However, frequent surges can damage equipment and reduce its life expectancy.
Solution: Disconnect any faulty power supplies or devices from the outlet. If the surges continue, you must contact an electrician.
Sags and dips are serious situations in which electrical equipment connects to a defective or low-quality power grid. When devices linked to ineffective or defective electrical grids are turned on, they use more power than the equipment can handle. As a result, sags, and dips occur.
Solution: If you want to reduce your energy usage, get your power checked and then repair your old equipment or replace it with a new one.
Electricity creates a physical connection between the ground and your home’s electrical equipment and appliances.
Solution: Make sure that all electrical connections in your house are grounded with a proper grounding system set up.
Lights flickering can cause lights dimmed otherwise brighter. There might be two reasons behind the situation.
- They either use electricity at a different wattage
- The primary power source is having technical difficulties
Solution: The situation is not dangerous simply change the odd one out for a light of the same wattage.
10- No GFCI
An electrical imbalance between incoming and outgoing currents, a GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter) can ‘interrupt’ the circuit. Without a GFCI, electrical wires can overheat leading to burns, shocks, or even an electrical fire.
Solution: The easiest solution is to install a GFCI if you do not already have one.
Stay safe and always fix electrical snags on time.
When it comes to electrical installation and fixing, the most priority is to opt for a good quality electric cable. Then, the tickling question that pops in your mind is which one?. As no one wants to stick in a mess to compromise on the quality of the electrical cable. A good quality cable should perform the required task smoothly. Only a wise decision can save from a future loss. Most times it is not easy to choose a good quality electrical cable; we are here to make your purchase easy and tension-free.
Features of a good quality electrical cable
Here is the top five characteristics are narrated to overcome the crucial snags.
The material of the cable is of high significance that is usually made up of either copper or aluminum. Both are good at work in conductivity, performance, cost, and access. A good quality cable is made up of high-quality material and is the eligibility to meet industry standards. Copper wires are most appropriate for home wiring because of their more conductivity though relatively expensive.
The size and length of the electrical cable are important to heed. Only an appropriate length can perform well unless ending up with a short circuit due to an electrical cable that was too short or excessive. The diameter of the conductor talks about its quality and efficacy. It is important to give the necessary attention to the size of the cable. You must choose a wire of a size that suits the amperage of the circuit to avoid short circuits and fires. Safety is very important regardless of residential and commercial practice.
It’s always good to pay attention to the wire or cable you are about to purchase is permitted for its protection guidelines. If it comes fit under insulation standards, it is good quality electrical cables that come
- Heat resistant
- Fire retardant
When it comes to flexibility, the options are to determine the areas of practice
- Solid core wires (more flexible in higher gauges and less flexible in lower gauges).
- Coarsely-stranded wires (moderately flexible)
- Finely-stranded wires (these wires are highly flexible and do not hold shape)
- Labeling and color
A good quality electrical cable must have proper labeling to handle the proper equipment and make the right connections. Labeling should include
- Wire gauge
- Insulation type (THHN or THWN)
Different colored cables create variation and understanding about the purpose of each cable.
A good quality electrical cable provokes the stated down questions, once you answer them you will get the desirable cable
- How much wire is required?
- How much current is your electrical wire to be able to handle efficiently?
- Are you interested in the wiring in different colors?
- Do you need to do wiring work outside?
- Is the picked option is suitable for installing in a wall cavity?
- Are there any special circumstances that might affect the durability of the wire long-term?
Answers will you a better direction.
If you are a homeworker then your productivity can be at risk of old office acclimatizing. Although you might twitch with just a few upgrades, you may discover your home office could also improve from better lighting, security cameras, and other electrical upgrades that all need more power. That’s why home office infrastructure and hardware boosts productivity, if you lag to impress your boss with your work then you should consider the stated down a bunch of ideas that really work.
Avoid opting for extension cords
Your office should have ample outlets or channels, extension cords create inconvenience and in turn, affects performance level. Extension cords are meant to upgrade electrical wiring. When there are insufficient electrical channels in your home office, and you are dependent on hazardous extension cords, it demonstrates the immediate need for infrastructure. These leeway cords are neither safe nor display the tidy look of your home office. What you have to do is to make a call to the electrician to increase the number of outlets, another option to avoid extension cords could be USB outlets. So, it is a better way to maintain functionality rather than to clog up the AC outlets. It is an instant way to increase channels by changing out old AC outlets with USB outlets.
Unfaltering Computer Circuit
A persistent computer circuit for the home office is meant for excellent performance. For the reason that computers are engaged to work with delicate gears and are more subtle to any changes in the electrical signal, a dedicated circuit is a looked-for safety feature. Moreover, an exclusive circuit would protect your computer paraphernalia from the hazards of short circuits or insufficient power supply. Because heaters and refrigerators sporadically draw more power. Your computer would remain unaffected by whatever happens elsewhere in the home’s electrical system.
Use of Surge Suppressor
Another upgradation to enhance home office productivity can be done by putting a surge suppressor. It is the version that plugs into your wall outlet. But it would be far better to use a whole-house surge suppressor that is installed near the electrical panel and protects the entire home from the perilous electrical surges that could be damaging for electrical home appliances.
Power Conditioner for Reduced Line Noise
Accompanied by a surge suppressor a power conditioner also acts as low-priced insurance and helps to deliver a steady and unfailing current to your home and home-office devices. Though, new electronic strategies are comparatively more sophisticated and have classy tools. A power conditioner provides them with better fuel to work smoothly and obtrusively. Electricity is intricate that necessitates having a power conditioner that could help to protect your most fragile equipment.
Hard-Wired Internet Connection for Super Speed
Finally, swapping Wi-Fi with a hard-wired internet connection can boost the productivity of high-bandwidth tasks like videoconferencing that require a more stable connection. When you ever sense that your Wi-Fi is a bit hazy or disloyal, or have multiple users, a hard-wired connection would be the best option then.
Electrical wiring can be byzantine. Moreover, electrical wires are designed to carry current from one element to another. The popping query is how an electrical wire is even made. Electrical wiring is made up of metals such as copper, aluminum, etc. These metals are used to make wires.
Copper compounds used in electric wiring
Most wires are made out of copper because it conducts electricity with suppleness and with least confrontation. The first stage of wire manufacturing is the wire-drawing conductor through which electricity can flow.
Copper is an ideal metal for electrical wires for several reasons.
- It is highly electrically conductive
Surpassed only by silver, copper is a highly conductive metal. It means electricity can pass through it with ease, making it idyllic for use in electrical wires.
Copper is also relatively low-cost when compared to other metals. Gold, for example, is an exceptional conductor of electricity, but it outlays several times more than copper. If companies used gold to manufacture electrical wires, they’d be bankrupt.
Copper isn’t just conducive; it’s also squashy and supple. In other words, you can crook and stretch copper — to some degree — without it flouting or otherwise sustaining damage. Why is this important? Well, electrical wires must often fold away through walls, floors, ceilings, and other constricted spaces. As a result, they’ll unsurprisingly bend and serpent their way around the home or building in which they are used. The ductile properties of copper allow copper electrical wires to bend and flex. They’ll still convey electricity, and they won’t lose any power strength from silhouette malformation.
An advantage of copper electrical wires that’s often ignored is their thermal-resistant properties. According to a survey,
“Electrical fires are highly responsible in residential house fires each year — and that’s not accounting for commercial/business fires.”
Copper electrical wires are innocuous to use than wires made of most other conductive metals because they are impervious to heat.
Electrical wires went through several processes to enhance their conductivity, and to add up the highest quality compounds in the making process of electrical wiring.
When wires endure a heat treatment it is called annealing. Annealing is a process of heating metal and allowing it to cool gradually to remove core pressures and strengthen the metal. The motif of this conduct is to increase the conductivity of the wire.
Insulation of electrical wires
Insulators are different synthetic materials that are used to insulate electrical wires. When the current runs along the outside of the copper wires, insulation became mandatory. They are insulated from other wires and conductive exteriors.
Characteristics of an insulation material
It depends on the characteristics of the cable required. Mainly, it depends on two basic characteristics:
- Insulation capacity
- Heat resistance.
Electrical power transmission cable
It has layers of conductive wires thereby providing an outer layer of wires and an inner layer or layers of wires is defined as
- Bringing together the wires while smearing flowable polymeric compound around at least the wires forming the inner layer or layers.
- Putting elements of a water swellable material having a particle size not greater than 200 microns into contact with the polymeric compound.
- Extruding a layer of semi-conductive material everywhere the wires; and extruding a layer of insulation around the layer of semi-conductive material.
As you can see, copper is the BEST OF HIGHEST QUALITY COMPOUND and preferred metal for electrical wires to avoid any fiasco on the residential and commercial level.
When it comes to well-being and safety everyone considers precautionary measures. CFL stands for compact fluorescent light bulbs that are an upheaval technology to revolutionize homes and business lighting expertise. But as you know technology is always recurring replace by the most transfigured ones. The same has happened with CFLs that are swapped by LEDs (light-emitting diodes). It is pertinent to note that it could be hazardous when disposing of CFLs negligently because it contains a dicey and lethal metal that requires proper relinquishment.
Why it is necessary to recycle CFL Bulbs?
It is our ethical onus to protect the environment to meet hygiene standards. CFLs do not come under the caption of regular trash, and cannot either be dumped in an old recycling bin. So, you have to grasp local recycling amenities to dispose of old CFLs in an eco-friendly style. Mercury is an essential component of CFL bulbs and it allows the bulb to give light. Each bulb contains about 5 milligrams of mercury that is impenetrable within glass plumbing. To make the understanding easier and sensible older thermometers contain about 1,000 milligrams of mercury. That’s why Manufacturers are taking steps to reduce mercury in their fluorescent lighting products; some CFL bulbs now contain as little as 2 milligrams. But it is important to consider safer ways to recycle old CFLs.
There are a few responsible ways to dispose of old CFL bulbs properly and sensibly.
- Local garbage heave-up service
The easiest way to dispose off the old lighting technology is through the nearby service you are already getting. What you have to do is to make a call to the local garbage lifters and ask about their mercury pickup facility and recycling services. They usually have the option to drop off harmful materials at their facility instead.
Many stores are formerly engaged in a selling business of CFLs now offer a recycling program for those bulbs. They generally provide you the healthy ways to throw the mercury contained lethal stuff, mostly the home improvement stores also offer a dropbox facility near the outlet. You should have a word with them for a better way to dispose of CFLs.
Generally, cities and towns offer a municipal recycling program, you have to check and see if they agree to take CFLs. In case if they refuse to take old CFL’s then google the options working in your country. They offer baffling services that could be great resources to help you discover places where you can responsibly recycle your old CFL light bulbs locally.
- The handiest way to dispose of old CFLs
These old-style light globes can safely be disposed of in your regular bunkum way. Just wrap them in a newspaper or other hard wrapping material before tapping them into your waste bin. But it is pertinent to note that firstly you should contact local garbage lifters and municipal services that offer to heave up the stuff for reprocessing. It is the easiest but least considered option to handle CFLs.
Electrical devices require higher to lower voltages according to their specifications. The risk of voltage spark rises when devices are subject to higher voltages used. Moreover, “voltage surges” and “voltage spikes” sound like identical phenomena they are a bit different, on account of their endurance. A sudden hype in voltage lasting three nanoseconds or more is generally classed as a “voltage surge” though a spike refers to shorter-lived increases in power. But both phenomena are disruptive in a system and cause considerable impairment, generally speaking, voltage surges are considered more destructive. Power surges are one of the “silent killers” of electronic devices. A power surge can be spilt in two to have an easy understanding.
It can be experienced when lightning will cause immediate failure of electronic devices. It usually requires expensive repair work or replacement. For instance, a rapid heating and subsequent cooling of electrical wiring. When overheating is repeated over time it creates a condition of electronic rust that would eventually abolish your electrical devices.
Low voltages cause damage over a prolonged period. it is also pertinent to note that usually low voltage surge is overlooked. The grave reason for being negligent is it does not cause sudden fiasco. So, you should be careful regarding electronic equipment that is being sullied on a consistent low voltage surge.
How to protect electrical equipment from voltage spikes?
Voltage surges are serious to disastrous when befall from homes to industry. Moreover, damage to a few electrical devices to expensive machinery could bring a hell of demolition. Unapologetically, it is wise to consider surge protection ways to alleviate the risks that power surges can cause.
- Use of voltage surge protectors that are designed as “gatekeepers” for a system.
- Surge protectors help to monitor the electrical charge inflowing the system.
What to seek while choosing a surge protector?
- A surge protector should have a broader range of voltages around the anticipated mean.
- It should be quick to contempt excess current. The greater speed at which your protector can respond will curtail the risk of damage such as weariness.
- The surge protectors with moving parts can, as a result, lead to mechanical failure.
How to use a surge protector?
The homeowner can shield against power surges by using a contraption that is called a surge protector. It is plugged into the wall, and has several channels to plug other devices into. The difference between a power strip and a surge protector is surge protectors grips any excess energy running through them. During a surge, the protector transmits excess voltage toward the grounding wire to defuse it.
You should opt for an electrical inquiry of a licensed electrical contracting professional to examine the electrical wiring, who has the experience to fix electrical issues you might be having. Sometimes a timely inspection can save from a creepy disaster that could be incurred as the result of negligence.
Heating power cable is a normal phenomenon. It happens when a certain load current passes through an electrical wire. Moreover, the temperature of the power cable depends on a load of current, and the process should be completed in time to avoid lethal consequences. For instance, a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cable entails a core temperature of 70 degrees as the upper limit, and the external temperature is 5 to 10 degrees lower. Consequently, the external cable temperature is safe below 60 degrees. When we talk in the context of safety and power supply maintenance, the lower the temperature, the better.
Core reasons for the heating of the cable during maneuver are as follows:
1. When the cable conductor confrontation does not meet the supplies, it would cause the cable to generate heat during operation.
2. The use of improper cable type could be damaging. When the conductor cross-section of the cable to be used is unusually small, and a surplus phenomenon occurs during operation. With the usage of time, the heat generation and heat indulgence of the cable are unhinged to cause heat generation.
3. When there is a lack of ventilation and heat dissipation, cable installation arrangement is compressed and cables are too close with each other the effects would be shown in hot cables.
4. The joint manufacturing technology necessitates brilliance and depends on these factors.
- Incorrect crimping
- Contact resistance at the joint is huge which may cause the cable to generate heat.
- Cable phase insulation performance is not desirable. It results in less insulation resistance; heating will also occur during operation.
6. The fractional casing of the steel-clad cable is damaged. Moreover, water is destructive for the insulation process, resulting in a gradual decrease in the insulation resistance, which will also cause cables to heat up.
When heating cables left untreated
When the defect is not diagnosed with the heating cable, the insulation will break down after continuous energization. When the cable is a phase-to-phase short-circuit trip, it could cause a fire.
Causes and solutions for the plug power cord heating
The power cord is an essential object of our life. Moreover, electrical appliances are inseparable from the power cord. For instance, the heater plug of the water heater is usually caused by a poor socket. At the same time, it is obligatory to take into account the normal healing miracle. If the surface temperature of the plug is less than the ambient temperature plus 50 degrees Celsius, it is normal, safe, and not problematic. If you have experienced atypical heat, you need to consider replacing the socket or checking the plug and socket, while considering the following points
1. Meagre connection between the plug and the socket, plus the high load power, causing the plug to heat up. Such as electric kettles, electric irons, etc.
2. The inner fitting of the new plug is slack, which is caused by the coarse production process.
3. The old plug is used for a long time, and the insulation performance is sullied.